From This Mothertrucker’s Kitchen to Yours
If you’re a vegetarian or don’t do dairy products, this is the cake for you. I even suspect if you wanted to substitute the sugar for Stevia (which I love), you could even make this chocolate cake for those watching their sugar or weight.
- Preset your oven to 350 degrees. You’ll be baking the cake for 30 minutes if you use a rectangular pan and 40 minutes if you use a 13 inch round cake pan (best to check with a toothpick at the end).
- In a large bowl, sift together 3 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Blend 3 tablespoons of Cocoa, and 2 cups of sugar in with a spoon.
- Once you have these ingredients blended together, make a space in the middle of the bowl for ¾ cup vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 cups of water, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You can either mix the ingredients all together by hand with a spoon or use a mixer, but make sure the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a Pam-sprayed pan.
After your cake is finished baking, let it cool. You can top it with anything. If you do not mind dairy, I like topping it with whipped cream and my kids and grandkids love frosting and ice cream. You could also top with fresh fruit or just enjoy plain!
It’s simple and easy. Let me know if you give it a try!